Name:
Location: Heart of the Peninsula, Ontario, Canada

Too much time on my hands

Monday, June 23, 2008

Heaven's headliner tonight - George Carlin



SHOOT! (Gets you fired from the Frontier Hotel in Las Vegas) Haven't written in a while.....but this is worth a comment.....





This morning I found out that George Carlin died yesterday. His obit is available from the NY Times here: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/24/arts/24carlin.html?hp



Who headlines Heaven tonight? Lenny Bruce or George? I assume George defers to Lenny, but does he get one shot at the top of the marquee?


I have listened to George since I discovered FM & AM in the paarental record collection. At the moment I am re-listening to that album. It amazes me that it is still as fresh sounding (though a few obscure references) and funny as when I first heard it about 20 years ago. There has yet to be a comedian who has been as consistently funny and pertinent over such a long period of time.





Here is to Wonderful WINO.....Sam Sleet the Hippy Dippy Weatherman......Football v. Baseball.....7 Words.....and the idea that ANYTHING can be funny if contextualized properly...even rape.





I am curious what the afterlife holds for someone like him and his attitudes as he approached that end (this makes sense for those who know his work).

RIP Cardinal Glick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home